Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Time Flies

Before much too much time goes by, it behooves me to update my blog!

The return trip from Italy included a quick stop in Hamilton. The main reason being that I had become the great aunt to a perfect little baby boy! Nolan is the most precious and beloved son of my darling Nicholas and his beautiful wife Natasha. Am I gushing? Heck ya!

The remainder of July and into August was back to work and prepping for the kids to return to school. On August 15th, John and I flew back to Miami with Lisette. Spending the next week setting Lisette up at Florida State University was one of the most depressing time of my life. As with any other dark period, one just plugs on through and tries to look at the bright side. I was happy to at least have the chance to build her her "nest" in her dorm room. It was thrilling to see her bond with her new car - a 2003 VW Beetle (adorable!) although she tried to kill us in it a few times. I'm thinking that was about it as far as a silver lining. Thank goodness for Vonage and Facebook. We're keeping in touch daily. :-)

The other thing we did while back in the States in August was settle things on a house in Georgia. On August 31st, via Power of Attorney, we closed on a lovely lakehouse in Lake Park. The property is right beside John's brother so it makes a perfect getaway place or even a permanent address depending on what happens in our future!

The kids left here in La Paz are both home sick with the flu. John of course thinks it's swine flu but that's John. LOL It doesn't really matter because we don't have access to the blood test to identify it anyway. Supposedly Evo Morales is suffering from the flu and his doc put him on Tamiflu (what we have available for our H1N1 flu patients). Interestingly, Tamiflu can cause some psychotic reactions...no, I won't go anywhere with that. Ha!

So now I'm working full-time and still loving it. Technically, I'm supposed to be working four days a week but until we have the new nurse onboard, I'm filling in the days. School started for me again this past Monday. I'm taking 9 credit hours again but they're split 3/6 over the semester...three credit hours the first half makes life much more reasonable!

John will be running the Air Force Marathon in a few weeks. It falls on the anniversary of his accident which makes it impossible to pass up. I'm excited for him but he has recently relieved my mind by promising that this is his last full marathon. He's not getting any younger and his knee gives him problems to begin with. Still, make sure you're cheering him on this September 19th! Oh, that's "Talk Like a Pirate" day too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We know who the best pirate is!!!! Love you guys and you NEVER said anything about retiring in Georgia. Whats up with that?

UNDER THE INFLUENCE said...

Your hectic life just tires me out reading about it. You sound happy, though, and that's what counts. Lisette will have the time of her life at university and she will ALWAYS be close to her family, wherever she's residing.

P.S. I hope you do end up living in Georgia because it's a great stopover for me on my way to Florida!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to leave my name although I am SURE you know who would be unhappy that you might be living in Georgia.
Love you guys and miss you.
KATHY